2019-11-21 08:57:23
77阅读
一、Greetings 问候语
- Hello! / Hi! 你好!
- Good morning / afternoon / evening! 早晨(下午/晚上)好!
- I’m Kathy King. 我是凯西•金。
- Are you Peter Smith? 你是彼得•史密斯吗?
- Yes, I am. / No, I’m not. 是,我是。/ 不,我不是。
- How are you? 你好吗?
- Fine, thanks. And you? 很好,谢谢,你呢?
- I’m fine, too. 我也很好。
- How is Amy / your wife / your husband? 爱米好吗?/你妻子好吗?/你丈夫好吗?
- She is very well, thank you. 她很好,谢谢。
- Good night, Jane. 晚安,简。
- Good-bye, Mike. 再见,迈克。
- See you tomorrow. 明天见。
- See you later. 待会儿见。
- I have to go now. 我必须走了。
二、Expression In Class 课堂用语
- May I come in? 我能进来吗?
- Come in, please. 请进。
- Sit down, please. 请坐。
- It’s time for class. 上课时间到了。
- Open your books and turn to page 20. 打开书,翻到第20页。
- I’ll call the roll before class. 课前我要点名。
- Here! 到!
- Has everybody got a sheet? 每个人都拿到材料了吗?
- Any different opinion? 有不同意见吗?
- Are you with me? 你们跟上我讲的了吗?
- Have I made myself clear? 我讲明白了吗?
- Could you say it again? 你能再说一遍吗?
- Any questions? 有什么问题吗?
- That’s all for today. 今天就讲到这里。
- Please turn in your paper before leaving. 请在离开前将论文交上。
三、Identifying Objects 辨别物品
- What’s this? 这是什么?
- It’s a pen. 是支笔。
- Is this your handbag? 这是你的手提包吗?
- No, it isn’t. / Yes, it is. 不,它不是。/是的,它是。
- Whose pen is this? 这是谁的笔?
- It’s Kate’s. 是凯特的。
- Is that a car? 那是一辆小汽车吗?
- No, it isn’t. It’s a bus. 不,那是一辆公共汽车。
- What do you call this in English? 这个用英语怎么说?
- What is the color of your new book? 你的新书是什么颜色的?
- How big is your house? 你的房子有多大?
- How long is the street? 这条街有多长?
- What’s the name of the cat? 这猫叫什么名字?
- Where’s the company? 那个公司在哪儿?
- Which is the right size? 哪个尺码是对的?
四、About Belongings 关于所有物
- What’s this? 这是什么?
- It’s an air-conditioner. 这是空调。
- Is this yours? 这是你的吗?
- Yes, it’s mine. 是的,是我的。
- Where are my glasses? 我的眼镜在哪儿?
- Do you know where I’ve put my glasses? 你知道我把眼镜搁哪儿了吗?
- Over there. 在那边。
- On the desk. 在桌上。
- Is this your pen? I found it under the desk. 这是你的笔吗?我在桌下捡的。
- No. Mine is blue. 不是。我的是蓝的。
- Which is your bag? 哪个是你的包?
- The bigger one. 大些的那个。
- The one on your right. 你右边的那个。
- Are these books all yours? 这些书全是你的吗?
- Some of them are mine. 一部分是我的。
五、Identifying People 辨别身份
- Who are you? 你是谁?
- I’m Jim. 我是吉姆。
- Who is the guy over there? 那边那个人是谁?
- He’s Bob. 他是鲍勃。
- Is that girl a student? 那个女孩是学生吗?
- No, she isn’t. 不,她不是。
- What do you do? 你是做什么的?
- I’m a farmer. 我是个农民。
- What does he do? 他是干什么的?
- He’s a manager. 他是个经理。
- She must be a model, isn’t she? 她一定是个模特,不是吗?
- I really don’t known. 我真不知道。
- I have no idea about it. 我一点都不知道。
- Can she be a driver? 她可能是个司机吗?
- Yes, I think so. 是的,我认为是。
六、About Introduction 关于介绍
- What’s your name? 你叫什么名字?
- May I have your name? 能告诉我你的名字吗?
- My name is Thomas. 我叫汤姆斯。
- Just call me Tom. 就叫我汤姆吧。
- What’s your family name? 你姓什么?
- My family name is Ayneswonth. 我姓安尼思华斯。
- How do you spell it? 怎么拼?
- Who is the lady in white? 穿白衣服的那位小姐是谁?
- Could you introduce me to her? 你能把我介绍给她吗?
- Rose, let me introduce my friend to you. 罗斯,让我介绍一下我的朋友。
- This is Tom. He’s my classmate. 这是汤姆。我的同学。
- Nice to meet you. 很高兴认识你。
- Nice to meet you, too. 认识你我也很高兴。
- Let me introduce myself. 让我自我介绍一下。
- How do you do? 你好!
七、Year, Month And Day 年、月、日
- What day is it today? 今天星期几?
- It’s Monday today. 今天是星期一。
- What’s the date today? 今天是几号?
- It’s January the 15th, 1999. 今天是1999年1月15日。
- What month is this? 现在是几月?
- It’s December. 现在是十二月。
- What year is this? 今年是哪一年?
- It’s the year of 1999. 今年是1999年。
- What will you do during this weekend? 这周末你干什么?
- Does the shop open at 9 am on weekdays? 这家店平日是早上9点开门吗?
- It opens at 8 am on weekdays, but at 9 at weekends. 平日上午8点开,但周末9点开。
- What will you do the day after next? 后天你干什么?
- What did you do the week before last? 上上星期你干了什么?
- I’ll work for the next 5 days. 我要工作5天(从明天算起)
- It’s been 5 years since I last saw you. 我已5年没见你了。
八、Talking About Objects 谈论事物
- Do you have a computer? 你有计算机吗?
- Yes, I do. 是的,我有。
- He has that book, doesn’t he? 他有那本书,是吗?
- No, he doesn’t. 不,他没有。
- Do you have any brothers or sisters? 你有兄弟或姐妹吗?
- No, I’m a single son. 没有,我是独生子。
- Does your computer have a modem? 你的电脑有调制解调器吗?
- Do you have shampoo here? 这儿有香波卖吗?
- What a beautiful garden you have! 你的花园真漂亮。
- Any tickets left? 有剩票吗?
- Do you have glue? I need some here. 你有胶水吗?我这里需要一点。
- I have some left. 我剩下一些。
- If you have more, please give me some. 如果你有多的,请给我。
- Do you have my pencil? 你拿了我的铅笔吗?
- Yes, I have your eraser, too. 是的,我还拿了你的橡皮。
九、Talking About Time 叙述时间
- What time is it now? 现在几点?
- It’s two o’clock. 现在两点。
- It’s a quarter past five. 现在是五点一刻。
- It’s ten minutes to four. 现在差十分四点。
- It’s half past nine. 现在是九点半。
- It’s one o’clock sharp. 现在一点整。
- It’s not four o’clock. 还没到四点呢。
- My watch says two o’clock. 我的表是两点钟。
- My watch is two minutes fast. 我的表快了两分钟。
- What’s the time by your watch? 你的表几点了?
- We must arrive there on time. 我们必须准时到那儿。
- There are only two minutes left. 只剩两分钟了。
- Can you finish your work ahead of time? 你能提前完成工作吗?
- The flight is delayed. 飞机晚点起飞。
- The meeting is put off. 会议延期了。
十、About Dates 关于日期
- What day is today? 今天星期几?
- Today is Monday. 今天星期一。
- What’s the date today? 今天几号?
- Today is May 21st. 今天是五月二十一号。
- When were you born? 你什么时候出生的?
- I was born on September 1st, 1976. 我出生在1976年9月1日。
- What time? 什么时候?
- You name the time. 你定时间吧。
- I’ll meet you tomorrow. 我们明天见面。
- Do you know the exact date? 你知道确切日期吗?
- Please check the date. 请核实一下日期。
- What were you doing this time last year? 去年这时候你在干什么?
- How long will the sale last? 折价销售多久?
- Only three days. 仅三天。
- I’ll be back in 5 days. 我五天之后回来。
十一、About Visits 关于拜访
- Hello. Can I see Mr. Green? 你好,我能见格林先生吗?
- Do you have an appointment? 你有预约吗?
- Sorry, I don’t. 对不起,我没有。
- Yes. At 3 pm. 是的,约的是下午3点。
- Sorry, Mr. Green can’t see you now. 对不起,格林先生现在不能见您。
- He’s on the phone. 他在打电话。
- Would you wait here for a minute? 您能在这里等一下吗?
- Would you like something to drink? 您想喝点什么吗?
- Tea, please. 我喝点茶吧。
- Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here. 格林先生,史密斯先生在这里。
- You may go in now. 您可以进去了。
- Nice to see you, my old friend. 真高兴见到你,我的老朋友。
- How have you been these years? 这些年你怎么样?
- You’ve changed little. 你一点也没变。
- Do you still remember that Christmas? 你仍记得那个圣诞节吗?
十二、About Language 关于语言
- Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
- Yes, a little. 会讲一点。
- How long have you studied English? 你学英语多久了?
- He speaks English fluently. 他讲英语很流利。
- Your English is very good. 你的英语很好。
- You speak English pretty well. 你的英语讲的很好。
- Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗?
- My native language is Chinese. 我的母语是汉语。
- He speaks with London accent. 他带点伦敦口音。
- He has a strong accent. 他口音很重。
- I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表达起来有点困难。
- I’m always confused with "s" and "th". 我常把s和th搞混。
- Can you write in English? 你能用英文写文章吗?
- Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的发音很好。
- How can I improve my spoken English? 我该怎样才能提高口语水平?
十三、Talking About Activities 谈论活动
- What are you doing? 你在干什么?
- I’m reading a book. 我在看书。
- I’m cooking. 我在做饭。
- Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗?
- Yes, I’m watching Channel 5. 是的,我在看5频道。
- No, I’m listening to the radio. 没有,我在听收音机。
- Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
- I’m going to work. 我去上班。
- Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信?
- I’m writing to an old friend. 给一个老朋友。
- What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将干什么?
- I’ll go to a concert. 我要去听音乐会。
- I’ll go on an outing with some friends. 我与朋友去郊游。
- Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗?
- Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的,我很喜欢。
十四、About Age 关于年龄
- How old are you? 你多大了?
- I’m twenty-two (years old). 我二十二了。
- Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十几岁。
- I’m two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小两岁。
- My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他丈夫大一岁。
- He’s the youngest in the family. 他是一家中最小的。
- He looks much younger than he is. 他看起来比他实际上年轻得多。
- I came here when I was 20. 我二十岁来这儿。
- I started school at the age of 6. 我六岁开始上学。
- My father is over 60 years old. 我父亲已年过六十了。
- Most of them are less than 30. 他们中大多数不到30岁。
- I guess he’s about 30. 我猜他大概30岁。
- She’s going to be 15 next month. 下个月她就满15了。
- They’ll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary. 他们将为结婚十周年开个晚会。
- He’s still a boy after all. 他毕竟还只是个孩子。
十五、Talking About Daily Activities 谈论日常生活
- When do you get up everyday? 每天你几点起床?
- I usually get up at 8 o’clock. 我通常8点起床。
- Where do you have your lunch? 你在哪儿吃午饭?
- I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家快餐店吃午饭。
- What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么?
- I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg. 我吃一个汉堡包,一个炸鸡腿。
- What time do you start work? 你什么时候开始工作?
- I start work at 8 o’clock. 我八点开始工作。
- What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么?
- I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接电话和打字。
- What time do you finish your work? 你什么时候下班?
- At 6 o’clock sharp. 6点。
- What do you do in your spare time? 闲暇时,你干些什么?
- I like listening to pop music. 我喜欢听流行音乐。
- I like playing football. 我喜欢踢足球。
十六、Talking About Yesterday 谈论昨天的事
- When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起床?
- At about seven. 七点左右。
- I heard the alarm clock, but I didn’t get up until 9. 我听见闹钟了,但我捱到九点才起。
- I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了,然后马上起床了。
- I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
- I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
- I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
- I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了五分钟。
- I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
- I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
- I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
- The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early. 电视节目很无聊,所以我早早睡了。
- I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
- I didn’t sleep well. 我没睡好。
- I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
十七、Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
- Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔,你好,真是你吗?
- Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真高兴再次见到你。
- It’s been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
- Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起来还是那么漂亮。
- Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 欧,谢谢。这段时间你好吗?
- Not too bad. 不太糟。
- But you sound so sad. 但听起来你很悲伤。
- Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
- Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
- That’s all right. 没事儿。
- Have you seen Kate lately? 最近你看见凯特了吗?
- No, I have no contact with her. 没有。我和她没有一点儿联系。
- I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
- Oh, how nice. Sorry, I’ve got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我必须得走了。
- So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再见。记得联系哦。
十八、Talking About The Past 谈论过去
- I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
- He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
- Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗?
- We have known each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
- It has been a long time since I last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很长时间了。
- Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你见过史密斯先生吗?
- They’ve been working on this project since last year. 他们从去年开始一直都在做这个项目。
- I’ve been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
- The movie began as soon as we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开始了。
- When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,火车已经开了。
- The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans. 船到晚了,把我们的计划全打乱了。
- I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他知道开会时间。
- They had expected me to go with them. 他们原本希望我和他们一起去。
- That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观那地方了。
- After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文,就把它放在抽屉了。
十九、Asking About The Address 询问地址
- Hi, Jack, where do you live now? 你好,杰克,你现在住哪儿?
- I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可胜街203号。
- Curzon Street? Isn’t Mary living there? 可胜街?玛丽不是也住那儿吗?
- Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的,她就住在街对面。
- How long have you stayed there? 你在那儿住多久了?
- Just a few months. 才几个月。
- How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 玛丽怎么样?她在那儿住多久了?
- She’s been living there since her birth. 她生下来就住那儿。
- Will you stay there for long? 你会在那儿待很长时间吗?
- No, I’ll move to Hollywood next month. 不,我下个月搬到好莱坞去。
- Oh, really? I’m moving there too. 真的?我也会搬到那儿去。
- Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒极了,我们可以一起喝啤酒了。
- Yes, and you may stay there longer. 对,而且你也许会在那儿住久一些。
- I hope so. 希望如此。
- I’m sure we’ll have a good time. 我相信我们会很开心的。
二十、Asking Questions 提问题
- Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
- Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天去哪儿吃的饭?
- When will he come to see you? 他什么时候来看你?
- When did you buy the car? 你什么时候买的车?
- Who told you? 谁告诉你的?
- Who will accompany you to the airport? 谁将陪你去机场?
- Why don’t you agree? 你为什么不同意?
- Why not go out for a walk? 干吗不出去散步?
- How did you spend your holiday? 你假期怎么过的?
- How are you doing these days? 这些日子你怎么样?
- What did he say in the letter? 他在信里说什么了?
- What are you going to do with the books? 你打算拿这些书怎么办?
- What were you doing when I called? 我打电话给你时你在干吗?
- I was about to leave. 我正要出门。
- Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 你能猜到今天上午我在做什么吗?
二十一、Measuring And Comparing 形容物品、度量、比较
- What’s the height of the building? 这座楼有多高?
- How much does the elephant weigh? 这个大象有多重?
- What’s the color of your new dress? 你的新衣服是什么颜色的?
- What’s the size of your shoes? 你的鞋多大尺寸?
- My brother is twice as tall as your sister. 我弟弟比你妹妹高一倍。
- My grandma is 40 years older than me. 我祖母比我大40岁。
- This river is one third as long as that river. 这条河只有那条河的三分之一长。
- What’s the shape of your balloon? 你的气球是什么形状?
- How wide is this bridge? 这座桥有多宽?
- How thick is the ice here? 这儿的冰有多厚?
- This metal is harder than that one. 这种金属比那种硬。
- He can run as fast as Jim. 他跑的和吉姆一样快。
- Kate is smarter than I. 凯特比我聪明。
- How long do you watch TV every day? 你每天看多长时间电视?
- How often do you go swimming? 你多久去游一次泳?
二十二、Asking For Help 寻求帮助
- Would you please open the door for me? 请你帮忙开个门好吗?
- May I ask you a question? 我能问你个问题吗?
- Please give me a hand. 请帮我个忙。
- Could you do me a favor? 能请你帮个忙吗?
- Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 能帮忙移一下冰箱吗?
- Get me my coat, please. 请帮我拿下外套。
- Make me a cup of coffee, will you? 给我冲杯咖啡,好吗?
- Call me tomorrow if you have time. 明天要有时间就给我打个电话。
- Could you tell me where I can find these books? 您能告诉我在哪儿能找到这些书吗?
- Certainly. 当然了。
- With pleasure. 很高兴。
- I’m sorry. I’m busy now. 对不起,我现在正忙着。
- I’m glad to, but I’m afraid I don’t have the time. 我很乐意,但我恐怕没时间。
- Would you mind closing the window for me? 能帮我关一下窗户吗?(你介意关下窗户吗?)
- Not at all. 当然可以。(当然不介意)
二十三、Asking Directions 打听情况和问路
- Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me where the post office is? 对不起,女士,请问邮局在哪里?
- It’s just around the corner. 转弯就是。
- Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station? 对不起,汽车站怎么走?
- You can take the bus and get off at the second stop. 你可以坐公共汽车第二站下。
- Excuse me. Where is No.5 Street? 对不起,第五大街在哪儿?
- Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing. 一直往前走,在第二个十字路口往左拐。
- Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu’s restaurant? 对不起,你能告诉我怎么去胡先生的餐馆吗?
- Go on for about 100 meters. It’s on your left side. You can’t miss it. 往前走约100米,在你左手边,你不会错过的。
- Which one is Mr. Jame’s office? 哪间是詹姆司先生的办公室?
- It’s Room 201 on the second floor. 二楼201房间。
- Can I use the lift? 我能用电梯吗?
- Sorry, it’s broken. You have to use the stairs. 对不起,它坏了,你只能走楼梯了。
- Where are the stairs? 楼梯在哪里呢?
- Go along the corridor and it’s on your right side. 沿着走廊走,在你右手边。
- Thank you for directions. 感谢你为我指路。
二十四、About Marriage 关于婚姻
- Are you married? 你结婚了吗?
- I’m single. 我现在单身。
- You have a younger brother, don’t you? 你有个弟弟,是吗?
- How is your family? 你的家人怎么样?
- She’s engaged/married to John. 她和约翰订婚/结婚了。
- How long have you been married? 你们结婚多久了?
- We’ve been married for 2 years. 我们结婚两年了。
- My parents got married in 1954. 我父母1954年结婚的。
- Mary gave birth to a baby last week. 玛丽上星期做妈妈了。
- They’ve been divorced. 他们已离婚了。
- His wife died a year ago. Now he lives alone. 他妻子去年去世了。现在他一个人住。
- My aunt will come to live with me for a few days. 我阿姨会来和我住一些日子。
- John has his own family now. 约翰现在有自己的家了。
- Do you live with your parents? 你和你父母住一起吗?
- No. I live in my own house. 不,我住在自己的房子里。
二十五、Talking About Neighbors And Friends 谈论邻居和朋友
- Do you know Mary? 你认识玛丽吗?
- Sure. We have been friends since primary school. 当然,我们从小学就是朋友了。
- Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend. 真的?上周末我才被介绍给她。
- What is she doing now? 她现在干些什么呢?
- She told me she wanted to start a company. 她告诉我她想开公司。
- Start a company? But I thought she would be a scholar. 开公司?我原以为她会成为一个学者
- People are always changing, aren’t they? 人总是在变,不是吗?
- Yes, you’re right. After all, she is smart enough to go into business. 是啊,你说的对。毕竟,她完全有经商才智。
- But she doesn’t have much experience. 但她没有太多经验。
- You two don’t have much contact? 你们俩没怎么联系吗?
- No, I only wrote her one letter this year. 是的,今年我才给她写过一封信。
- And her? 她呢?
- She sent me a Christmas card last year. 去年寄过一张圣诞卡。
- Oh, that’s not good. 哦,那可不好。
- Yes, we should try to contact more. 是的,我们应该联系多点。
二十六、Planning The Future 计划将来
- What time are you going to leave for the airport tomorrow? 你明天打算什么时候去机场?
- Is he coming to dinner? 他回来吃饭吗?
- I’m going to the bookstore. Will you go with me? 我要去书店,你和我去吗?
- They’re going to discuss it at the meeting next Friday. 他们将在下周五的会上讨论这个问题。
- I’ll be waiting for you at the restaurant this time tomorrow. 我明天这时候在餐馆等你。
- After I get home, I’ll call you. 到家以后,我会给你打电话。
- How will you spend the evening? 你晚上干什么?
- I’ll probably stay home and watch TV. 我可能会呆在家看电视。
- What’s your plan for the summer holiday? 暑假计划干什么?
- I’m thinking about a visit to Paris. 我在考虑去巴黎旅游。
- There’s going to be a pottery exhibition at the art gallery. 艺术馆将有一次陶瓷展。
- You are still thinking about a Ph.D., aren’t you? 你还是想学成博士,是吗?
- What will you do about it? 你会拿这事怎么办?
- What do you want to do after graduation? 你毕业后想干什么?
- I’ll further my study. 我想继续深造。
二十七、Talking About The Weather 谈论天气
- Have you heard the weather forecast? 你听天气预报了吗?
- No, what does it say? 没有,它说什么了?
- We’ll have fine weather for the next few days. 以后几天天气晴朗。
- But it’s still raining today! 可今天还在下雨。
- It is said it will clear up tonight. 天气预报说今晚雨就会停。
- What will it be after the clear weather? 晴天以后天气会怎么样?
- It says a storm may come next month. 天气预报说下个月会有一场暴风雨。
- And it may get colder, it’s already November. 并且天气会更冷。
- Yes, and I hope we can have some snow this winter. 是的,我希望今年冬天会下雪。
- I’m afraid it won’t be cold enough for a snowfall. 我恐怕天不会冷的下雪。
- But last year we had a big one. 但去年下了大雪。
- Yes, but you know global warming may raise the temperature. 是的,但全球变暖会使气温上升。
- You are probably right. 你也许是对的。
- I’m going skiing in the Alps next month. 下个月我去阿尔卑斯山滑雪。
- I hope the weather there is cold enough. 我希望那儿天气够冷。
二十八、About Sickness 关于生病
- How are you feeling today? 你今天感觉怎么样?
- I don’t feel very well. 我觉得不太舒服。
- Do you feel better now? 你现在觉得好点了吗?
- Much better. 好多了。
- I’m sick. 我病了。
- He’s got a bad headache. 他头痛的厉害。
- My fever is gone. 我的烧已经退了。
- What’s the matter with you? 你怎么啦?
- I’ve got a pain in my back. 我背疼。
- It really hurts. 可真疼。
- It hurts right here. 就这儿疼。
- It’s bleeding. You’d better see a doctor about that cut. 在流血呢,你最好找个医生看看这伤口。
- Call the doctor! 快打电话叫医生!
- Take two pills and have a good rest. 吃两片药,好好休息一下。
- I hope you’ll be well soon. 祝你早日恢复健康。
二十九、Talking About Habits 谈论日常生活习惯
- I get up at 8 every morning. 每天早上我8点起床。
- I then take a bath in the bathroom. 然后我去洗澡间洗个澡。
- I shave, brush my teeth, and comb my hair. 我洗脸,刷牙,梳头。
- I put on a bit of makeup. 我化一点妆。
- I cooked breakfast for the family. 我为一家人做早餐。
- I go downstairs and have my breakfast. 我下楼吃早饭。
- I read the newspaper over breakfast. 我边吃早饭边看报纸。
- I wake my sister up. 我叫醒我妹妹。
- I dress my sister and wash her hands and face. 我给我妹妹穿衣服,洗脸洗手。
- I get to my office at 10:30. 十点半到办公室。
- I leave the office at 7. 我七点离开办公室。
- I buy some food on my way home. 我回家路上买些吃的。
- I pick up my sister from her school. 我到学校接妹妹。
- We go to bed at 10:30. 我们十点半睡觉。
三十、Asking For Other’s Opinions 询问别人的意见。
- What do you think about it? 你对此怎么看?
- Is that right? 那样对吗?
- Absolutely right. 绝对正确。
- I think you’re mistaken about that. 我想你那样不对。
- Is that ok? 这样行吗?
- That’s ok/fine. 挺好的。
- That’s excellent. 那太棒了。
- He was absent yesterday. Do you know why? 昨天他没到,你知道为什么吗?
- Do you have any idea? 你怎么想?
- I suppose he was sick. 我猜他大概是病了。
- Will it rain tomorrow? 明天会下雨吗?
- No, I don’t think so. 不,我想不会。
- Do you really want to know what I think? 你真想知道我怎么想吗?
- Please give me your advice. 请给我提些建议。
- I want to hear your opinion. 我想听听你们想法。
三十一、Making Plans 订计划
- What do you plan to do this Friday? 明天你打算干什么?
- What are you doing next week? 下周你干什么?
- I plan to go to the concert. 我打算去听音乐会。
- I’m thinking of going to my grandma’s. 我想去外婆家。
- I’ll go skiing if the weather permits. 天气允许的话,我会去滑雪。
- I suppose I can finish the project next year. 我想我明年完成此工程。
- I have no idea. 我不知道。
- It’s up to you. 由你决定。
- I’m considering buying a house. 我想买套房子。
- Hi, Jack, what lessons will you take this semester? 你好,杰克,这学期你选什么课?
- Hi, Lucy. I’ll take French and Economics. 你好,露西,我想选法语和经济。
- I’m taking Chinese and History. 我将选中文和历史。
- Do you plan to do some odd jobs? 你打算打工吗?
- Yes, I’m applying to work at the library. 是的,我在申请图书馆管理员的工作。
- Good luck! 祝你好运。
三十二、About Decisions 关于决定
- It’s up to you. 由你决定。
- You have the final say. 你说了算。
- She insists that it doesn’t matter. 她坚持说那没关系。
- He’s made up his mind to quit his job. 他已决定辞去他的工作。
- I’ve decided not to sell the house. 我决定不卖房子了。
- I’m determined to leave. 我决意要走了。
- Have you decided? 你决定了吗?
- No, I haven’t decided yet. 不,还没有。
- I’ve changed my mind. 我改注意了。
- It’s still undecided. 还没决定。
- Don’t hesitate any more. 别在犹豫了。
- Give me a definite answer, please. 请给个明确的答复。
- It’s really hard to make a decision. 挺难做决定的。
- I’m always making resolutions, like giving up smoking. 我总在做出决定,比如戒烟。
- Don’t shilly-shally./ Don’t dilly-dally. 别犹豫不决。
三十三、Traveling 旅游
- Do you like traveling? 你喜欢旅游吗?
- Yes, I’ve just come back from Scotland. 是的,我刚从苏格兰回来。
- How did you get there? 你怎么去的?
- I got there by plane. 我坐飞机去的。
- Where did you visit? 你去参观了哪些地方?
- I only had time to visit Edinburgh. 我只有时间去爱丁堡。
- How did you like it? 你喜欢那儿吗?
- It’s fantastic. 那儿棒极了。
- Why did you go there? 你为什么去那儿?
- I went there on business. 我出差到那儿。
- And do you have friends there? 你在那儿有朋友吗?
- Yes, a lot of friends. 是的,很多。
- You must have enjoyed yourself. 你一定玩的很开心。
- Yes, and I took many pictures. 是的,我还照了好多照片。
- Please let me see them. 让我看看。
- Will you go shopping with me? 你跟我去买东西吗?
- Here’s your change. 这是找你的钱。
- I’ll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store. 我要到商店买些零碎的东西。
- Excuse me, would you tell me where I can get some butter? 打扰一下,您能告诉我黄油在哪儿卖吗?
- May I have a look at the watch? 我能看看这块表吗?
- May I try it on? 我能试试吗?
- This is too small for me. Do you have a bigger one? 这个太小了,有大点的吗?
- Do you have any more colors? 有别的颜色吗?
- What’s your size? 你穿多大号?
- It suits you to a T. 特别适合你。
- It’s too expensive for me. 对于我来说太贵了。
- Can you come down a bit? 可以再便宜点吗?
- I’ll take it. 我买了。
- How much is it? 这卖多少钱?
- How much do I owe you? 我该付多少钱?
三十五、In The Restaurant 餐馆进餐
- What would you like to eat? 你想吃点什么?
- Are you ready to order? 你要点菜了吗?
- I’d like some steak and bread. 我要牛排和面包。
- What would you like for dessert? 你要什么甜点?
- I’ll have some ice cream. 我要冰淇淋。
- Do you want some fruit? 你要水果吗?
- Yes, please. I want an apple. 是的,我要一个苹果。
- Anything to drink? 喝点什么?
- A small glass of whisky, please. 请来一小杯威士忌。
- Here is your food. 你的菜来了。
- Bring me the bill please. 请买单。
- Can I pay by check or credit card? 我能用支票或信用卡吗?
- Sorry, we only take cash. 对不起,我们只收现金。
- Here you are. 给。
- Here is your change. 找您的钱。
三十六、About Evening Entertainment 关于夜生活
- I’m free tonight. 我今晚有空。
- Shall we go to the cinema? 我们去看电影好吗?
- Do you know what’s on tonight? 你知道今天上演什么?
- May I ask you for a dance? 可以请你跳支舞吗?
- With pleasure. 很荣幸。
- Sorry, I’m engaged. 对不起,我有约在先了。
- What about another dance? 再跳一曲好吗?
- You’re a good dancer. 你舞跳的真好。
- What’s on Channel 8 now? 现在8频道播什么节目?
- I don’t know. You may look in the TV Guide. 我不知道,你可以看看《电视报》。
- Let’s see what else is on. 咱们看看有没有别的节目。
- Did you see the special last night? 昨晚你看特别节目了吗?
- I don’t want to see any more of this TV show. 我不想再看这个电视节目了。
- Can we change the channel? 能换个频道吗?
- I want to see the weather. 我想看天气预报。
三十七、Appointments 约会
- I’d like to make an appointment with Mrs. Green. 我想约个时间见格林女士。
- She’s free on Friday and Saturday. 她周五和周六有空。
- Sorry, can I see her before Friday? 对不起,我能周五之前见她吗?
- Let me see. She has 30 minutes on Tuesday afternoon. 让我查查,她周二下午有30分钟。
- At what time? 什么时间?
- From 4 to 4:30. 四点到四点半。
- All right. 好吧。
- So you’ll come then. Please phone in if you can’t make it. 那么你就那时来,如果来不了,请打电话给我。
- I have an interview this afternoon. 我今天下午有面试。
- I can come any time except Sunday. 除星期天外我都能来。
- You can reach me at 6609823. 你打电话6609823就能找到我。
- He phoned to cancel the meeting. 他打电话来取消会议。
- Please call me before you come. 你来之前请打电话。
- Please make an appointment with my secretary. 请跟我秘书定个见面时间。
- I have to change my appointment from Monday to Thursday.
我不得不把约会从周一改到周四。
三十八、Seeing A Doctor 看医生
- What’s your trouble? 你有什么不舒服?
- How long have you had it? 你得这病多久了?
- I should say you’ve caught a cold. 我看你感冒了。
- You need an injection. 你需要打针。
- Is it serious? 我的病严重吗?
- Do I need to be hospitalized? 我需要住院吗?
- Have you seen the doctor? 你看过医生了吗?
- What did the doctor say? 医生怎么说?
- Jack is up and about now. 杰克病后复原了。
- The doctor says that I should take quinine. 医生说我应该服用奎宁。
- What sort of medicine do you take? 你吃的是什么药?
- The doctor says that I should not eat anything oily. 医生说我不能吃油腻的东西。
- I had a shot of penicillin. 我打了一针青霉素。
- You have to be operated on. 你得做手术。
- He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure. 他给我做了X光胸透并量了血压。
三十九、Making A Phonecall 打电话
- Hello. May I speak to Mr. Green? 你好,我找格林先生。
- Just a moment. 等一会儿。
- Hold on. 等一会儿。
- He’s not in. May I take a message for him? 他不在,我能替他捎个口信吗?
- Yes, please. 是的,麻烦了。
- Would you answer the phone please? 你能接下电话吗?
- I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途电话。
- This is Mary Speaking. 我是玛丽。
- Would you tell Mr. Green that I called? 你能告诉格林先生我给他打了个电话吗?
- I must have dialed a wrong number. 我一定拨错号了。
- I couldn’t get through. 我打不通。
- I have to hang up now. 我得挂电话了。
- Would you call back tomorrow? 你能明天回个电话吗?
- There’s something wrong with the phone. 电话出了点儿毛病。
- I tried to call you, but the line was busy. 我试着给你打电话,但老占线。
四十、About Mail 关于邮政
- I have received a letter from my cousin. 我收到了我表兄的信。
- I haven’t heard from him for a long time. 我很久没有收到他的信了。
- Send a postcard to me when you arrive in Shanghai. 你到上海以后给我发张明信片。
- I put some photographs in the envelope. 我在信里夹了几张照片。
- He hasn’t answered my letter yet. 他还没有给我回信。
- My mother mailed me a parcel. 我妈给我寄了一个包裹。
- We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left China. 他离开中国以后,我们用Email保持联系。
- Don’t forget to put stamps on your letter. 别忘了贴邮票。
- How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Beijing? 信从北京到美国要多久?
- You’ve got an express mail. 你有特快专递。
- To make it fast, you can send a fax. 要想快点的话就发个传真。
- My mother has sent me a registered letter. I guess she has something important to tell me. 我妈给我发了一封挂号信,我想她有什么重要的事情要说。
- I found my name on the blackboard. I must have got a remittance. 我在黑板上看到我的名字,肯定有我的汇款。
- Do you want to airmail it or not? 你想发航空信吗?
- I dropped the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office. 我把信塞进邮局前面的邮筒里。
四十一、Talking About Feelings 叙述感受
- You look radiant tonight. 你今晚真是光彩照人。
- It was a terrible experience. 那是一次可怕的经历。
- I am on top of the world. 我高兴到了极点。
- The dinner was wonderful. 晚餐棒极了。
- The Christmas tree is gorgeous. 圣诞树真华美。
- What a boring movie it is! 多么无聊的一场电影啊。
- How can he give us such a tedious lecture! 他怎么能做这么沉闷乏味的演讲。
- How fragrant the flowers are! 这些花真香!
- The party is making too much noise. 这次聚会太吵了。
- You look elegant in that dress. 你穿这条裙子显的很漂亮。
- The coat doesn’t suit you. 这件外衣不太适合你。
- His flattery makes me sick. 他的恭维让我恶心。
- We had a good time. 我们玩的很开心。
- We enjoyed ourselves very much. 我们玩的很开心。
- I am bored to death. 我无聊死了。
四十二、Looking For A House 寻找住房
- This house is for rent. 此房出租。
- It’s really a bargain. 租金很便宜。
- I want to rent a furnished house. 我想要有家具的房子。
- That house is for sale. It has central heating. 此房出售,房子里有供暖设备。
- What kind of furniture do you like? 你喜欢什么样的家具?
- This is a rather old house. It needs painting. 这房子挺旧的,得刷一下才行。
- I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen. 我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
- The houses downtown are very expensive. 市区的房子很贵。
- How much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少?
- I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me. 我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
- We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set. 我们有一些厨房用具和一套餐厅设备。
- There’s no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric stove. 厨房里没有煤气灶,但你可以用电炉。
- There is a shower in the bathroom. 浴室里有淋浴器。
- I have a dog, but it’s very quiet. 我有一只狗,不过它很安静。
- The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it. 房间里有一个很大的壁橱,你可以把你的行李放进去。
四十三、Talking About Dressing 谈论衣着
- What will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么?
- I’ll wear my blue dress. 我会穿我的兰色裙子。
- Don’t you think it’s too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗?
- Why? What will you wear? 为什么?你会穿什么?
- Just my shirt and jeans. 我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
- You should have your suit cleaned and ironed. 你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫一下。
- You’d better put on your jacket. It’s cold outside. 你最好穿上夹克,外面冷。
- The blouse no longer fits me. 这件衬衣不再合我身了。
- My son has outgrown these trousers. 我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
- The shoes are worn-out. 这鞋已经不能穿了。
- I don’t like wearing the uniform. 我不喜欢穿制服。
- Do you want to change before the banquet? 宴会前你想换衣服吗?
- Your shoe lace is loose. 你的鞋带松了。
- You forgot to fasten the collar buttons. 你忘了系鞋带。
- Take off your hat. It doesn’t fit. 取下你的帽子,它不适合你。
四十四、Expressing Different Opinions 表达不同的观点
- He is a very creative student. 他是个很有创造力的学生。
- What you have said about this is very interesting. 你说的很有意思。
- I cannot agree with you on this point. 在这一点上,我不能同意你的意见。
- You’ve got the point. 你抓住了问题的实质。
- That’s the point. 这正是问题的关键。
- The whole class is in a heated discussion. 全班同学正在热烈讨论。
- Let’s just run through the arguments for and against. 我们来看一下赞成和反对的理由。
- Please sum up what you said just now. 请把你刚才说的总结一下。
- Has anybody else anything to say on this? 关于这点,谁还有什么别的要说吗?
- Does anybody share David’s opinion? 有谁同意大卫的观点吗?
- Is there any evidence to support what you have said? 有什么证据可以支持你的说法吗?
- Well, it depends. 这得视情况而定。
- I don’t think it’s necessary for us to discuss this question any further. 我想我们没有必要进一步讨论这个问题。
- There are always two sides to everything. 每件是都有两面性。
- Finally, we came to an agreement. 最后我们达成了一致。
四十五、About Things In The future 考虑将来可能从事的活动
- I want to be a journalist after graduation. 毕业后我想当记者。
- If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, we’ll have a picnic. 如果明天不下雨,我们就去野餐。
- As soon as he comes, we’ll let him know. 他一来,我们就告诉他。
- You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time. 只要你按时交房租,你就能住这儿。
- When she leaves, he’ll cry for a day. 她走时,他会哭一天。
- She will go into business when she wants to. 她想经商时就会去经商。
- I’ll leave for London if I finish my work today. 如果我今天完成工作,我就会去伦敦。
- I’ll work for 5 years and then go back to school. 我会工作五年,然后会学校。
- He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing. 如果他仍写的这么好的话,他将成为一个作家。
- I hope he will meet me at the airport. 我希望他能到机场接我。
- I’m thinking of quitting the job. 我在考虑辞职。
- I plan to learn photography. 我打算学摄影。
- What do you say we have a party this weekend? 我们周末开个派对,你觉得怎么样?
- She will certainly remain single. 她肯定会保持独身。
- He will probably follow in his father’s footsteps. 他可能会继承父业。
四十六、Things That Might Have Happened 可能发生的事
- I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home. 我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
- What have you been doing since I saw you last time? 自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么?
- If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape. 如果我昨天钱够的话,我就买了那盒磁带了。
- Looking back on it, I think I shouldn’t have given up the contest so easily. 回过头来看,我想我不应该如此轻易的放弃那次比赛。
- Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn’t have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟到了。
- Even if you take the exam again, you won’t pass it. 就算再考一次你也通不过。
- Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off the debt. 就算你给了他更多的钱,他也还不清债务。
- What would you have done if you hadn’t gone out for a picnic yesterday? 如果你昨天没有出去野餐的话。你会干什么?
- I wish I had told him the truth. 我真希望我把真相告诉了他。
- I wish you hadn’t cheated me. 我希望你没有欺骗我。
- If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park. 如果天气好的话,我们就去公园了。
- Would he have seen you if you hadn’t waved to him? 如果你没有朝他挥手,他能看见你吗?
- You should have studied much harder. 你本应该更努力的学习。
- I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn’t have enough courage. 我本想和老师争论那个问题,但我没有足够的勇气。
- I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year. 当我的父母去年出国的时候,我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。
四十七、Talking About Likes And Dislikes 询问喜欢和不喜欢的事
- What’s your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么运动?
- I like football best. 我最喜欢足球。
- Football is my favorite. 足球是我最喜欢的。
- Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing? 钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢哪一个?
- Neither. 一个都不喜欢。
- What do you like best, apples, pears, or bananas? 苹果,梨,香蕉,你最喜欢哪个?
- He’s crazy about Michael Jordan. 他疯狂喜爱迈克•乔丹。
- She hates boxing. 她讨厌拳击。
- She is sick of watching boxing. 她厌恶观看拳击。
- She has good taste in clothes. 她对服装很有鉴赏力。
- What do you like to do in your spare time? 空闲时你喜欢干什么?
- I like collecting stamps. 我喜欢收集邮票。
- I prefer tea to coffee. 和咖啡相比,我更喜欢茶。
- What do you dislike most about this movie? 这部电影你最不喜欢什么?
- I would rather sleep than watch this movie. 我情愿睡觉也不看这部电影。
四十八、Putting Forward Your Own Opinions 提出自己的想法。
- You should take the advice of your teacher. 你应该听老师的话。
- That’s just what I was looking for. 那正是我所期待的。
- It might be, I suppose. 我想可能是这样。
- Good try, but not quite right. 是个很好的尝试,但并不完全正确。
- That’s rather disappointing. 真是让人失望。
- In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money. 我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。
- Would you mind not spitting everywhere? 不要随地吐痰行吗?
- It’s only a suggestion, you don’t have to take it. 这只是一个建议,你可以不听。
- If you really want my advice I don’t think you should quit school. 如果你真想听我的意见,我想你不应该退学。
- Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself. 谢谢你的建议,但我得自己想想。
- He does not pay attention to anybody. You are wasting your time in persuading him. 他谁的话也不听,你劝他是在浪费时间。
- I am old enough to make up my own mind. 我已经长大了,可以自己拿主意了。
- Your work seems unsatisfactory. / Your work does not seem satisfactory.你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
- What about your opinion? 你怎么想?
- In general I agree with you. 我大体上同意你的看法。
四十九、Asking For Help 请别人帮忙
- Would you open the door for me, please? 你能替我开门吗?
- With pleasure. 乐意帮忙。
- Would you mind opening the window? 你介意开窗吗?
- Not at all. 一点儿也不。
- I wondered if you could buy me some pencils? 我不知道你是否能替我买铅笔?
- Sure. 当然。
- Would you be so kind as to lend me some money? 你能借我一点儿钱吗?
- No problem. How much? 没问题,你要多少?
- I hope I’m not bothering you. 我希望我没有打扰你。
- I hope that will not cause you too much trouble. 我希望那不会给你添太多麻烦。
- I really appreciate your help. 我非常感谢你的帮助。
- I don’t want to put you to any trouble. 我不想麻烦你。
- Excuse me, would you give me a hand? 对不起,你能帮我个忙吗?
- I’d be glad to help. 我乐意帮忙。
- Would you mind mailing this letter for me? 你能替我寄这封信吗?
五十、Getting Ready For A Journey 准备旅行
- I have so many things to do before I leave. 我走之前还有很多事情要做。
- I have to drop by the bank to get some money. 我得到银行去取一下钱。
- Traveler’s checks are very convenient for long-distance travel. 旅行支票对于长途旅行很方便。
- Do you have anything to declare? 你有什么东西要向海关申报的吗?
- You have to apply for a passport in advance. 你必须提前申请护照。
- You don’t have to pay any duty on personal belongings. 个人物品不需要关税。
- Make it an hour and a half. We have to get more food. 等一个半小时吧,我们还得多准备些事物。
- Shall we ask Betty to join us? 我们应该叫贝蒂一起去吗?
- I put myself entirely in your hands. 我按你说的办。
- Can you tell me the phone number of the inquiry office? 您能告诉我问讯处的电话号码吗?
- Would you prefer to take a local train or an express? 你想坐普通车还是特快?
- I have bought a ticket for a sleeper. 我买了张卧铺票。
- Have you reserved your ticket? 你订票了吗?
- I would never have thought of it if you hadn’t mentioned it. 如果不是你提起的话,我肯定想不到。
- I will see you off at the railway station. 我会去火车站送你。
五十一、Countries And Nationalities 国家和国籍
- Where are you from? 你来自哪儿?
- What’s your nationality? 你是什么国籍?
- What’s your motherland? 你祖国是哪儿?
- Are you a native Chinese? 你是土生土长的中国人吗?
- What’s the population of China? 中国有多少人口?
- How many provinces do you have? 你们有多少个省?
- What’s the capital of your country? 贵国首都是哪儿?
- I come from Japan. 我来自日本。
- I was born in China and brought up in the U.S.A. 我出生在中国,在美国长大。
- My country has an area of 500,000 square kilometers. 我国面积五十万平里。
- The capital of my country is Beijing. 我国首都是北京。
- We have 50 provinces. 我们有50个省。
- My country is rich in natural resources. 我国自然资源丰富。
- That nation is famous for its tourism. 那个国家以旅游业闻名。
- The biggest festival in my country is the Spring Festival. 我国最大的节日是春节。
五十二、Geography And Land Features 地理和地貌
- Geographically, China is located in the Northern Hemisphere. 从地理位置上说,中国位于北半球。
- In this country, the weather is usually awful. 在这个国家,天气通常十分恶劣。
- It is a very beautiful country with many mountains. 这是一个多山的美丽国度。
- This country is famous for its beautiful lakes. 这个国家以其美丽的湖泊而闻名于世。
- The land in this region is rather dry and parched. 这片土地十分干燥。
- Along the northern coast of this continent, there are many cliffs. 沿该大陆的北海岸线上有许多峭壁。
- In Brazil, many ancient forests are very well preserved. 在巴西,古老的森林保存十分完好。
- Lumbering is very important in some underdeveloped countries. 在一些不发达的国家,伐木业十分重要。
- The scenery is very beautiful in the small islands in the Pacific Oceans. 太平洋上一些小岛的景色十分优美。
- What kind of climate do you have in this country? 这个国家的气候如何?
- In the west of America, there are many high peaks and deep canyons. 在美国西部有许多高峰和深谷。
- Which one is the longest river in China? 中国哪条河流最长?
- Do you get much rain in summer? 这里夏天雨水多吗?
- Is the plain along the river good for farming? 河畔的平原易于发展农业吗?
- It’s cold and foggy in London at this time of year. 在每年的这个时候,伦敦寒冷而多雾。
五十三、School And Education 学校和教育
- Every one must receive 9 years of compulsory education. 每人必须接受九年的义务教育。
- Children enter primary school at the age of 7. 孩子们7岁进小学。
- Some students quit school due to poverty. 一些学生因贫困而辍学。
- There is fierce competition in the College Entrance Examination. 高考竞争激烈。
- He majored in Computers. 他主修计算机。
- She is working for her double major in English and Economics. 她正在修英语和经济双学位。
- I graduated from Yale University 5 years ago. 五年前,我从耶鲁大学毕业。
- Everybody hopes to apply to a good school. 申请好学校是令人向往的。
- Mary is in her freshman year. 玛丽大学一年级。
- Lily is a sophomore now. 莉莉现在大学二年级。
- Mike is already a junior. 迈克已经大学三年级了。
- As a senior, Peter is writing his thesis. 作为大学四年级学生,彼得正在写毕业论文。
- Mr. Green is a member of the faculty. 格林先生是大学教员。
- In Britain, there are open universities. 在英国,有成人大学。
- There are many training classes and night classes. 有许多培训班与夜校。
五十四、About Jobs 关于工作
- What does your father do? 你父亲做什么工作?
- He is a doctor. He has his own practice. 他是个医生,他自己开业。
- Do you have any plans for your career? 你对未来有什么计划吗?
- I want to be a pilot if possible. 如果可能的话,我想做个飞行员。
- I hope that I can get a decent job with a good salary. 我希望有一份既体面,收入又高的工作。
- I have an interview next week. 我下周要参加考试。
- Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging away at school. 当汤姆的同学还在学校苦读时,他已经开始了自己的事业。
- I like writing, but I wouldn’t take it as my career. 我喜欢写作但不愿以此为职业。
- I worked as an intern in that firm last summer. 去年夏天我在那家商行实习。
- He’s a very efficient young man though a little proud. 他是个很有能力的人,但是有点骄傲。
- He made a successful career in business. 他的商务生涯十分成功。
- My cousin has just been promoted to the rank of major. 我表兄刚被提升为上校。
- He is a manager of a famous corporation. 他是一家著名公司的经理。
- The statesman retired as the mayor of New York. 那位政治家退休时是纽约市市长。
- He was appointed president of the committee recently. 他最近被任命为那个革命会的总裁。
五十五、Farms And Factories 农场和工厂
- This area is noted for its rich soil. 这个地区以土壤肥沃著称。
- The place is too stony for farming. 这地方太多石块,不适合耕种。
- In the flat country, people grow wheat and raise cattle. 在这平坦的乡间,人们种植小麦,饲养牲畜。
- He has bought 10 tractors for the village. 他为村里买了10台拖拉机。
- What’s the typical farm product in this region? 这个地区典型的农产品是什么?
- At this time of the year farmers begin to plow their fields. 每年这个时候,农民们开始犁地。
- Have you milked the cows? 你已经挤过奶了吗?
- Pile the hay in the corner. 把干草堆到边上。
- What’s the average yearly output of cars in your factory? 你们厂平均年产汽车多少台?
- The meat packing industry is developing fast. 肉类加工业发展迅速。
- Car manufacturers are having a bad time. 汽车制造商的日子不好过。
- State-owned enterprises are getting out of difficulty. 国有企业开始走上坡路。
- How many workshops are there in your factory? 你们厂有多少车间?
- The computer industry is booming. 计算机业繁荣起来。
- The information industry helps boost the global economy. 信息业推进全球经济发展。
五十六、About Hobbies 关于爱好
- Do you have any hobbies? 你有什么爱好吗?
- What are you interested in? 你对什么比较感兴趣?
- What are your interests? 你的爱好是什么?
- What do you do in your spare time? 空闲时间你干什么?
- How do you spend your evenings? 夜生活你都是怎么过的?
- Lots of people like stamp collecting. 许多人喜欢集邮。
- I am a Michael Jordan fan. 我是迈克尔•乔丹迷。
- Does his film appeal to you? 你喜欢他的电影吗?
- Do you go on picnics? 你常去郊游吗?
- I particularly like English literature. 我对英国文学情有独钟。
- What’s so interesting about football? We girls don’t like it. 足球有什么意思?我们女生不喜欢它。
- She has a particular interest in painting. 她特别爱好绘画。
- I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel. 通常我通过阅读小说使我的注意力从工作上转移过来。
- He plays violin just for enjoyment. 他拉小提琴只是为了自娱自乐。
- Photography is an expensive hobby. 摄影是门花费很多的爱好。
五十七、Recreational Activities 文体活动
- What’s your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么活动?
- I like football. 我最喜欢足球。
- What position do you play? 你踢什么位置?
- I’m a catcher. 我是个接球员(垒球运动中)。
- Our team beat their team yesterday. 昨天,我们队打败了他们队。
- We are sure to defeat them. 我们一定会打败他们。
- How many years have you been playing pingpong? 你打乒乓球多少年了?
- My favorite winter sport is skiing. 我最喜欢的动机运动是滑雪。
- The basketball championship is exciting. 那次篮球冠军赛真激动人心。
- I was on the track team 10 years ago. 十年前,我在田径队。
- I prefer fishing to swimming. 比起游泳,我更喜欢钓鱼。
- She is a member of the ski club. 她是滑雪俱乐部的成员。
- The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser. 最难学的一点是做一个输得起的人。
- My class went camping last summer. 去年夏天我们班去露营了。
- He’s good at lifting weights. 他善于举重。
五十八、About Newspapers And Magazines 关于报纸杂志
- I subscribed to a lot of periodicals last year. 去年我订了许多期刊。
- Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon. 汤姆下午读报。
- What kind of newspapers do you read? 你读什么样的报纸?
- Newspapers and periodicals keep me updated on current affairs. 报纸和期刊让我了解时事。
- What column do you like best? 你最喜欢哪个栏目?
- Which do you like better, the news or the editorial? 新闻和评论你最喜欢看哪个?
- Do you read advertisements too? 你也看广告吗?
- I recommend to you Time and Newsweek. They are excellent. 我向你推荐《时代》和《新闻周刊》,它们很棒。
- Fashion/Vogue is a very popular magazine in America. 《时尚》是美国很流行的杂志。
- What’s the circulation of this magazine? 这杂志发行量怎么样?
- Why don’t you put an advertisement in the paper to sell that old car? 为什么不在报上登广告卖旧车呢?
- I once took a part-time job delivering the Evening Post. 我曾干过送晚报的兼职。
- Have you read the article about the rescue of the hostage? 你看了关于营救人质的文章了吗?
- There was a lot of news in the morning paper today. 今天的晨报上有许多新闻。
- My friend Tom is a reporter for the New York Times. 我朋友汤姆是《纽约时报》的记者。
五十九、Radio And TV 收音机和电视机
- What channel are you watching now? 现在你在看哪个新闻?
- There’s TV coverage of the NBA tournament. 有个NBA联赛的电视报道。
- Do you have a TV guide? 你有电视节目吗?
- You’ll be on air in two minutes. 两分钟以后你会上电视。
- Channel 5 is off the air now. 五频道已经停止播放。
- Turn up your radio please. 请你把收音机开响一点儿。
- We can’t get good pictures on our TV set. 我们的电视机图象有问题。
- Can this radio receive short-wave? 这个收音机能收短波吗?
- If you install an outside antenna, you will have better reception. 如果你安装了室外天线,你的电视接受效果会好点。
- Turn down the radio please. 请放低音量。
- We’ll have a soap opera series on TV this week. 这周末我们会在电视上看到一系列肥皂剧。
- Please tune in next time. 请下次收听。
- We’re broadcasting from London. 我们从伦敦播放。
- You can receive our program at short wave 37.5 MH. 你可在短波37.5赫兹上收到我们的节目。
- There’s too much static. 干扰太大。
六十、About Music And Literature 关于音乐和文学
- What’s your favorite music? 你最喜欢什么音乐?
- Do you often go to a concert? 你经常去听音乐会吗?
- I hate Jazz. It’s too noisy. 我讨厌爵士,太吵了。
- Do you like pop music? 你喜欢流行音乐吗?
- I have never heard the piece before, who wrote it? 我从没听过这首曲子,谁写的?
- What do you think of their skill? 你觉得他们演奏技术如何?
- I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts. 我觉得古典音乐会比摇滚音乐会更合我胃口。
- I’ve never read a more stirring story. 我从来没读过比这更令人激动的故事。
- He has a passion for literature. 他很热衷于文学。
- I am most attracted by Dickens. 狄更斯的作品更吸引我。
- I never grow tired of novels though I read them everyday. 我每天看小说,但从没厌烦过。
- On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library. 星期天我经常在图书馆里看些书。
- What do think about this poem? 你觉得这首诗怎么样?
- I like Shakespeare better than Milton. 与弥尔顿比起来,我更喜欢莎士比亚。
- How much do you know about the works of George Eliot? 乔治•艾略特的作品你知道多少?
六十一、Construction And Industry施工
- Take no risks. Safety first. 不要冒险,安全第一。
- Hello, gentlemen. How is everything going? 先生们,你们好,一切都顺利吗?
- I think so. Here are the monitor records. 挺好,请看这些监视纪录。
- Today, we’ll drill 18m deep holes. 今天,我们要打18米深的井。
- The water truck was stranded. 水罐车误住了。
- Let that rig tow it out. 叫那部钻机把它拖出来。
- That bit is worn out, change it, please. 那个钻头磨损太厉害了,需要换个新的。
- Dig the mud-pit larger, Xiao Li. 小李,把泥浆挖大点。
- Clear the screen frequently, don’t stop it up. 常刮连泵头,别让它堵住了。
- That pipe thread is bad. Use another one instead. 那个钻杆的丝扣坏了,换另外一根。
- Make joints quickly. 快点接钻杆。
- My spade rod is broken. Give me a new one, please. 我的铁锹把断了,请给我一个新的。
- Pass me a pipe wrench, please. 请把管钳递给我。
- This portable rig can only drill 15m deep holes. 这台人抬钻机只能打15米深的井。
- How long does it take to drill a hole? 打一口井要多长时间?
- Let’s move to the next point. 搬到下一个点。
- Oh, there’s a swivel leakage. Stop drilling, please. 哦,水龙头漏了,别打井了。
- The hose is broken, Let’s change it for a new one. 高压管破了,换个新的。
- This hydraulic switch is out of order. 这个液压开关失灵了。
- Don’t forget to tamp the hole well. Tamping is as important as the hole depth. 别忘了填井,填井和井深一样重要。
- Let’s stop here. Get in the car and go home. 就干到这吧,上车回家。
- Add some coolant into the radiator, please. 请给水箱里加些冷却液。
- Refuel my truck with diesel oil, please. I want light diesel oil No.0. 请给我加些柴油,我要零号轻柴油。
- Give me 100 liter of gasoline (petrol), please. Motor gasoline No.85. 请给我加一百公升汽油,85号车用汽油。
- Can I leave my truck here? 我可以把车停在这吗?
- Where can I have my car washed? 在哪里可以洗车?
- This truck’s inner tube is broken. Help me to mend it, please. 这部车的内胎爆了,请帮我补一下好吗?
- What food are we going to prepare for the crews today? 今天为施工队做什么饭?
- Jiao zi, dumpling, bun and sandwich, salted eggs, sausages, soup and mineral water. 饺子,包子,馒头和三明治,咸鸡蛋,香肠,汤和矿泉水。
- I want to buy some food and vegetables. Can you show me the nearest free market? 我要买些食品和蔬菜。你知道最近的自由市场在哪吗?
最后生成于
2024-05-31 12:59:57
热门推荐:
此内容有帮助 ?
0